Source: USA Group
- I was not aware when my loan payments were to begin.
- I was not happy with the classes, so I dropped out and don't think I should
have to pay.
- I got behind in making payments and was afraid to seek help.
- I was embarrassed to bring attention to my situation; therefore, I didn't ask
- My loan was purchased, so I thought that meant it was paid off.
- I don't have a loan. That PLUS loan is my child's responsibility, not
- It's a government loan; no one pays those.
- I ran out of coupons and didn't get a new coupon book.
- What can they do to me? Repossess my education?
- I have 10 other debts; my student loan is number nine on my list.
Contrary to rumor, however, there is no escaping student loan repayment�even
bankruptcy doesn�t wipe out an outstanding student loan.
So explore all your payment options, and contact your credit union with
any questions or concerns.