Established in 1955 by seven employees of Beckman-Coulter (then Beckman Instruments), Inc., our credit union was originally formed to serve the employees of Beckman Coulter. Originally called Beckman Employees Credit Union, our credit union was officially founded on March 21, 1955. Within our first two years as a credit union, we grew from just seven founding members to more than 1,000 members with assets of $119,000.
In 1962, we took a major step by opening our first branch office in Palo Alto, California. Other California branch openings soon followed with the Irvine branch opening in 1976 and the Brea branch in 1978. In 1983, we moved our corporate office in Fullerton, California from the Beckman facilities on Harbor Blvd. to Imperial Highway where it still resides to this day.
Today, Pacific Community has nearly 12,000 members and over $185 million in assets. Headquartered in Fullerton, we now have two convenient Southern California branches located in La Habra and Irvine with our membership expanding to anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in Orange County, Riverside County, the San Gabriel Valley and the Gateway Cities of Los Angeles County.
- Azusa Commercial Credit Union (1993)
- Miller High Life Employees Federal Credit Union (1993)
- Gentelco West Federal Credit Union (2003)
- OCHA Credit Union (2008)
Pacific Community Credit Union (PCCU) is a “not-for-profit,” full-service financial institution, offering a wide range of services to its members. Structured as a financial cooperative, the Credit Union is owned and operated entirely by its membership.